Position: Executive Director
Please send resume to email@example.com.
Responsible for general oversight for the Florida Lions Eye Clinic to include clinical operations, fundraising, and general administration. With the staff, oversee the medical aspects of the Clinic; initiate planning, organizing, and directing of all fundraising, donor development activities; and maintain the financial and general administration of the Clinic. Medical expertise is not a requirement; mission-focused leadership is.
- Provide overall Clinic leadership to insure effective and efficient clinical functions for all stakeholders
- Develop and implement sustainable fundraising and donor development strategies, support systems, processes and programs to meet or exceed Clinic’s short- and long-term financial needs
- Coordinate all special events designed to friend raise and fundraise
- Cultivate new grant opportunities to increase the Clinic’s revenue base
- Implement a marketing strategy to improve the Clinic’s visibility in the community and enhance its brand
- Handle all financial, technology, and general administration issues for the Clinic
- Represent the Clinic in a professional and ethical manner with all stakeholders
- Oversees clinical processes for patients, doctors, volunteers, and staff
- Recruits/trains Clinic volunteers to include doctors, other professionals, and support people
- Oversees patient, doctor, and volunteer’s schedules to maximize the Clinic’s capacity
- Collaborates with the Fundraising Committee to create, develop, and implement the Clinic’s fundraising and donor development strategies
- Identifies potential development opportunities at the local, state, and national levels and creates strategies to capitalize on these opportunities
- Communicates with prospective donors and supporters on a continual basis—recognize and engage them
- Develops, promotes, and implements a Planned Giving Program
- Manages fundraising events
- Engages in outreach efforts to maximize networking and build external relationships
- Ensures marketing resources are optimally applied to impact fundraising goals
- Oversees production of marketing materials to include print, video, social media, website, etc.
- Proactively solicits and manages grants to augment the Clinic’s strategic needs
- Maintains donor records and related data systems
- Insures bookkeeping and financial transactions are maintained in accordance with best practices
- Manages the Clinic’s administrative operation to include technology, security, etc.
- Complies with all legal licensure, copyright, and release requirements; ensures all Clinic safety guidelines, rules, and regulations are followed; and files state reports
- Works collaboratively with the Board and facilitates designated Clinic committees
- Demonstrates professional and ethical conduct in all transactions and Clinic relationships
- Demonstrated leadership, organizational expertise, and problem solving
- Has expertise in fundraising and friend raising guided by principles of accountability and good stewardship
- Can align the Clinic’s mission and strategic plan to a comprehensive marketing/outreach effort
- Possesses high energy and passion for work; a team player, effectively interacting with all Clinic stakeholders
- Able to execute on multiple projects and excel in a results-oriented work environment
- Displays a positive attitude, shows concern for people and community, demonstrates self-confidence, common sense, and good listening skills
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills
Reports to: the Florida Lions Eye Clinic Board Chair
Five-years’ experience in administration, fundraising, donor development, and/or marketing and branding expertise. Experience in non-profit healthcare services preferred.
Spanish speaking and CFRE credential are valued.
Bachelor’s Degree or comparable experience; Marketing, Public Relations, and/or Communication major preferred